Here is my Christmas mantle. I collected the bottle-brush trees and the other little trees from various places this past year. The wreath was a joint effort between my sweet husband and I.
I had the vision of a square ornament wreath but couldn't find any kind of square form. So, I thought of using pvc pipe. I bought 18 inch pipe pieces and the L-joints and started wiring all th ornaments on. I got quite a few on and realized it was going to be way too big and I wouldn't have enough ornaments. I took those off and had Jeff cut the pipes down to 12 inches (with the joints, each side was about 16 inches long) and I started wiring again. The problem was when I stood the form upright, all of the ornaments fell to all sides and messed up my careful placement of each color throughout. I was about to chunk the whole thing down the stairs (and my dear husband was going to chunk me down the stairs for it taking so many hours and having to listen to my whining). So, my brilliant husband suggested that I let him drill holes through both sides and the ornaments would stay put! A few more hours later, voila'! My vision is complete! (Thanks honey)