Monday, April 6, 2009

This is what....a french grain sack table runner

I wanted it to look like it was made with an old french grain sack
for the floral fabric, I sewed it so the wrong side was on top
because the right side looked too new I let the raw edges show in the center on purpose to look old and I didn't hem the side edges
These are the materials that I used. The ruler for the edges of the stripes and the make-up sponge I used to dab the ink on the fabric.
I made this to participate in Lindsay's $5 challenge at http://www.livingwithlindsay.com/. Take a look at the other awesome posts. This was so fun and I can't wait to do others like it!

3 comments:

Gabrielle Mader said...

that turned out great...and for such a great price..you can't beat it.

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

This is beautiful! I might need to try something like this. My husband made our table, and it's really big. Nothing from the store looks right on it!

Great post!

~Kim

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

This is a fabulous project...I have been doing some projects trying to micmic the look of french sacks as well. I will post them on my blog soon. Happy to find your blog and look forward to following you.
xojanis

Related Posts with Thumbnails