Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Half-off Day Thrifting

This really great thrift store has half-off day on Mondays with certain color tags. Yesterday the colors were blue and white. My girls and I scored some awesome stuff! I didn't pay over $2.00 for anything! I loved this little pitcher and I plan on painting the metal cone and putting dried flowers in it. The black metal thing, I have NO idea(anyone know?) what it is but I thought it was neat...

as you can see, Millie thought it made a fabulous hat! Not sure what I'll do with it, but I'm sure I'll think of something~

Allie found some really cute, spring skirts yea!

I found Millie some adorable dresses, mostly Old Navy and Gymboree

some cute pants for Millie from Gap~note the price tag and half off of that!


and for moi, a cute Express skirt and Gap button up, both half off

ahh...I get such a thrill out of the hunt!

(click on pictures to see them bigger)

3 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

You did score some wicked awesome deals! I am officially JEALOUS of all you people who have these wondrous places called thrift stores. I think my city is the last town on the planet to not have good thrifting. It stinks. I guess I'll have to console myself with some yard saling in the morning! Yippee...hooray for spring yard sales! BTW, you have some great projects here. Love your before and afters. And yes, I did the big bows on my lamps myself. I got that fabulous giant width of ribbon at an after Christmas sale, and knew it would go perfectly in my family room. Have you seen the lamps they sell at Hobby Lobby that are very similar? Yeah, pricey too. That's just my thrifty take on theirs!

Happy Friday ~ Amanda

Maridith said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog. That is so funny that my discription sounds just like you. I KNEW there were people out there like me, just most people don't like to admit it!! haha!! Love, LOVE all of your thrift store finds. I never get that lucky, but I have just recently gotten into checking them out (I am just creating more projects to procrastinate on!!) I see you live in OK City. That is were I was born. We lived in Altus, OK (military). I will be stopping by again to check out your wonderful creations. Have a blessed day!!

Gabrielle Mader said...

Hello..I had an idea for your wrought iron thingy. You could plant flower in it. PUt some moss down and then add some plants. Or hand it outside with candles handging from it...there is a lot you can do. cute stuff including the kid.

Related Posts with Thumbnails